Super Hero Clock Ep1 p1 Super Hero Clock Ep1 p1

Well done! I remember seeing the first one way back, and I'm glad it's actually still happening.

Animation was superb. Voice acting was too. Seemed pretty much like a professionally made animation, which is impressive. The story kept me interested, and I like all of the characters so far. After Effects was a nice touch.

Yup. All in all, great job, and I would love to see more of this.

RedHand RedHand

Been waiting for this for a while...

I wasn't really sure what to expect. Seeing your other stuff, I had expected it to be pretty good, especially after seeing the preview. But never did I think it would be quite as good as it was. I wouldn't say it was as good as Castle, but it certainly came very close. And anyway, it's different, so I can't entirely base it off of that anyway.

The music, sound effects, animation, voices, and pretty much everything else was absolutely amazing. Every so often I'd see a little flaw or glitch (The file in part A flashed the cover a couple of times), but for the most part, the movements were fluid. The storyline has me pretty interested. I could do with a bit more action, but I'm guessing we'll see some more of that later. This set up the story well.

Oh, and keep in mind I'm still here if you need another voice.

Hmm... so except for maybe a couple things that didn't work perfectly with the scene select and stuff, (when I tried playing the movie at first, SceneSelect at the top right was undefined, and the movie stopped before it reached part A, unless I'm mistaken) this was absolutely amazing. I was completely hooked. I AM completely hooked.

Great job, and keep up the hard work. You, and everyone else working on this.

Shayphis responds:

Hey man!

Thanks for that :) and sorry i didn't have room for your voice in this episode, i'll try to see if any other openings come up in the future for you.

I'll try not to have the same errors in future installments ^^

RedHand Preview RedHand Preview

Great!

I like the camera angles in this. Also, the constant action is exciting, and the music goes with it well.

The mask and sword, as Zackie said, are extremely well drawn, and everything is animated smoothly. I like the dust (or smoke, fog, whatever) in the area, and how it gets disturbed when things move through it.

It was short, but that's usually expected in previews. I love it, and can't wait to see more.

Wargraph Wargraph

That was excellent. Very pure and simple. Once I got a hang of the controls, playing was a blast. The maneuvering of the plane felt very satisfying, especially making tight turns and seeing the enemy cluster attempt to follow.

The difficulty curve was pretty perfect. I got the hang of it with just a few enemies following me, and then things got interesting incredibly fast, but not in a frustrating way. Gravity and turrets worked together to create some pretty fascinating gameplay, since shooting down at enemies would mean they'd catch up to me, but shooting up at them means I'm going toward turrets. (I considered destroying the turrets, but decided avoiding them was a better plan given their ability to withstand a decent number of shots.) Trying to make those decisions on how best to react to my situation was just plain fun.

Likewise, the fact that the plane spun counter-clockwise made the game interestingly asymmetric. Knowing that I could go in one direction more readily than another and trying to use that to my advantage (and avoid the disadvantages of it) was a strangely satisfying gameplay element, and one which I haven't experienced in many games before.

The swarm, for lack of better terminology, was very cool. The instant feedback of killing many small enemies made me want to shoot for longer, which I had to balance with my fear of being overtaken by the swarm. For a Ludum Dare game, it's very clear that your main concern was making the controls and the enemies tight and smooth.

I'll also point out that, even though it was in black and white, the models looked good. They were (or appeared to be) 3D, and spun with their movement in kind of beautiful ways. I could see some color making this game even more visually pleasing, but the way it is is also excellent.

I did have some trouble understanding the things flying near me that were similarly shaped to me. I had assumed the word "friend" was sarcastic, and that they were enemy missiles, but then was unsure whether or not they were hurting me. It seemed like sometimes they were, but other times I had some flying on top of me without taking any damage, and they seemed to take out enemies when I blew them up?

I liked that the plane bounced off of the sides. It's a risky move, since it's kind of difficult to tell where the plane will go from it, but eliminated the time needed to make an actual turn. I'm also unsure how I felt about there being no health bar. I certainly felt like every time I died, it was justified, and not knowing how much health I had left made the game a bit more tense (in a good way).

And those are my thought! Keep up the great work. For a game made in such a short time, this was excellent.

kirilllosev responds:

wow! this is the most detailed feedback i've ever read. thank you very much :)

and about "your new friend". you are right. "friend" was sarcastic and when you kill him - he creates an explosion which kills other enemies in a radius

Contrast Contrast

Quite wonderful.

I wasn't sure what kind of game to be expecting when I started this, and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm actually not sure if I've ever played a top-down shooter where the camera moves around the person like that, so it was an interesting new experience for me.

Anyway, the controls worked well (although I completely forgot about running until after I had beaten the game...), and the three colors were implemented excellently into the game. It very rarely seemed obnoxious, which I was happy about. The enemies had just the right amount of difficulty, and the ability to build up ammo quickly was very satisfying. The ninjas and normal enemies had some AI that was a bit more interesting than just following the character (like when they veer off to the side or run away), which was also nice.

As everyone has said, this would've been even nicer with sound effects and music. And perhaps a better ending. And maybe a story. But now I'm stretching it a bit, and the game would probably become cumbersome and less pick-up-and-play with a story. The boss fight was fun, though it took me a little while to understand how to do it. Do I shoot him? Do I bring him to the electricity and shock him with it? I figured it out eventually, but perhaps if you had put some sort of an indication that he was being protected by the side things, it would've been a bit easier.

...or maybe it's better having to figure it out. I'm not sure...

All in all, this was a fun game to play. I had a good time, and I hope you continue to make games (hopefully with sound).

-Trekopep

JoSilver responds:

Glad you liked it.

I really tryed my best to make sure that every aspect of this game was a good as it could be, from the controls to the graphics it was all crafted with love.

It's funny how the AI worked out you see the main reason for there sometimes erratic behavior is that they can't always decide if it's better to head straight for you or try to get to you through a by following a predetermined path. I plan on improving the this engine for future game by making so that can decide which is better but also to sometimes ignore which is better and do anything.

maybe I'll add sounds I don't know I'm still pretty tired from making this but one thing that I wanted to do was add audio ques to the boss to get make it easier to figure out if you're hurting him. like make him laugh when you first try to shoot him.

And don't you worry, more games will come!

Rock 'n' Risk Blitz Rock 'n' Risk Blitz

Nice, nice...

Alright, I liked it. It was very good. Again, I had a fun time.

I'll start with this: The lack of the securing the jackpot part of the game DID kind of dull the excitement of the game. Also, it made the name a little less fitting, though I won't worry about that much. Although it sucked when I'd hit a wrong platform in the first one, it exhilarated me. It had been an excellent challenge. I do like the lack of frustration, but it just doesn't have the same feel as the other one did.

Also, there aren't levels. One of the things I find I like about games is trying to progress through it and get to the finish. Now, granted, once I beat the other game, I didn't go back to it much. So I can see how this might be a better option. But having a GOAL you need to reach (the money) on each part is also nice sometimes. Not completely necessary, but I liked it before.

On a brighter note, you added the hats, which are something to strive for. It keeps me wanting to play because I want to collect everything. The fact that they change your stats is also good, because I don't just want a new outfit, I want new gameplay. It changes things up a little more.

The money and time powerups were a nice addition. They made things a bit more exciting. Also, good choice on music, as before. I'm not sure what I thought of the new way the screen showed information. I liked the 3-Dish design of it in the first one, but I think this way might've been a bit easier to understand. Likewise with the arrows on the platforms. I think the arrows distracted a bit much, though. Having something that isn't a "part" of the platforms doesn't really seem right. When they glowed, it was like the platforms changed when it was good to hit them. With the arrows, it's... well, I just don't find it as effective.

Just a suggestion, you should have the button say "music on" when the music is ON, as opposed to making it say "music on" as in "if you press this, the music will turn on." Likewise with the sounds and symbols for them. The pause button I feel like should maybe ONLY have the pause symbol, perhaps a different color when the game is paused. Of course, that's only an opinion.

But when all is said and done, it's really a great game. The music, sound, graphics, difficulty level, and interestingness of this game are all up there pretty high. I think I might've had a bit more fun with the first one. But then again, I haven't finished playing this one yet. Maybe next time (if you make a third one), add a bit more to change up the gameplay. A story maybe? That would be nice.

Anyway, great job again, and keep up the good work!

~Trekopep

SiJaf responds:

Wow! Thanks for the awesome and detailed feedback!

I have copied those feedbacks in my notepad and I think you might see some of them in the future ;)

Regarding the arrows. Together with the patterns on the platforms, it should help people who are color blind. The glow in the first one was too subtile to do the job.

- First Flight - - First Flight -

I like it.

It's very calming and yet exciting at the same time. I like the strings and piano. That's usually a good combination. I also loved how it started up pretty slow and sped up as the song progressed and more instruments were added.

Also, I liked that key change in there.

Keep up the great work, SinJim!

SinJim responds:

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you liked it.

~SinJim

_-={These games we play}=-_ _-={These games we play}=-_

Once again, I am utterly amazed.

So far, I'd definitely have to say that this song and The Metal Visage are my favorites. Not to say When Demons Cry and all your other ones aren't good, but these two are my favorites. I probably listened to The Metal Visage for an hour or so, and I've been listening to this one for a while too. It has a very nice melody to it, and I like the piano echoes. I really don't know what else to say, MaestroRage. You are amazing. I will try to use one of your songs in a game, but I still think I'm not worthy. ^^ Probably 9/10 games I make end up being things that I'll never finish. (A lot of them I stop working on right this after I made the title screen) But I'll see. If you want me to, I could send you a PM once in a while so you know how progress is going. (I should probably use some of Anth0n's music in it too. I've already told him I'd use his music in a game twice.) Wow, this went off topic. To sum it up, this was one of the most amazing things I've ever heard. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Forget ParagonX9! 5/5, 10/10.

MaestroRage responds:

Thank you, i'm glad you liked this piece that much, it is was an interesting undertaking for me, and it has taught me a lot. Some of my friends say it doesn't really speak like a piano, and this is of course something I could agree with, not playing the piano myself, it must sound like i'm trying to make it talk with a heavy accent of something else (like strings).

As for the games, don't push yourself, if you can walk away from a project having something new in your head, then it was worth it. I have a small graveyard full of songs that may never see the daylight, but they exist still because they taught me something, and that is really what it's all about.

If you do get a project finished, wether it has my tunes or not, i'd more then like to see how it turns out!

Thank you for the review, glad you liked it ^^.

phat guitar phat guitar

BAM! BAM BAM!

I can see this music being used in a little talk the characters are having just before they start killing each other. Or something like that. ^^

1zin1 responds:

haha, ya totally, i can't wait to see if anyone uses this in a flassh 0.0
-zin-

RedHand Movie: Yoro Azar RedHand Movie: Yoro Azar

Cool

Pretty awesome. I like the detail in the gun and swords, and the look of the water dripping off of Yoro. The combination of katanas and a gun is pretty sweet in general.

Also, the way the swords are glowing is cool.

So is StickKombat kind of branching into RedHand, or are you just using the same characters?

Anyway, cool picture. God luck with RedHand and Asylum and all that.

Shayphis responds:

Some of the StickKombat characters will bleed into RedHand, though the storylines are different entirely.

Oh and Asylum is not my work :P

Thanks dude.

Weapon Collection Weapon Collection

You're too amazing for your own good.

All of your swords/staffs/guitars/guns/etc. are so detailed, and they have so much variety to them. Also, gun/sword combinations are awesome.

Hmm, let's see. I really like the color combinations in the colored ones, but I also like the black and grey "machine-type" swords and things. Jeez, everything is so SHINY! Doesn't drawing highlights and shadows everywhere get annoying? Well, maybe I just have no patience.

Everything looks awesome. Keep up the good work. :D